Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Haiti Pictures



Sorry I have not posted more. I have been getting up at like 6:00 and then getting home at about 5:30. I have been teaching in the morning and then helping with construction in the afternoons. I also have had a slow connection so I have not been able to upload photos. (I re-sized my photos so they would upload faster. Sorry for bad quality.) We have had a busy week so far with lots of progress. Everyday I learn more about the culture here. Thank you for all your prayers. Enjoy the photos and captions! Happy 4th of July tomorrow! God bless you!
Up at the crack of dawn. I love Haitian sunrises and sunsets!!!

Some storm clouds

Sarah and I have decided that this is Mater's cousin Tater :D  

The kiddos waiting to greet us for school, so priceless. 

Day 1. 

Alrighty this is a story! So Living water Haiti ministries is building a compound for their school, kids house, mission home, their own home, housing for missionaries and safe play area for the kids. We started construction on the property Monday. Which is really exciting :D Anyways there are 10 workers helping. And each day we pick them up lunch and deliver it to them after we teach school in the morning. Monday Sarah told me we were picking up lunch at along the roadside place. We pulled up to the tent pictured above. Kinda made me laugh as I remembered once again I was not in America. We "ordered" 12 lunches of beans, rice and chicken. It tasted really good by the way! ;)

Sealed with a kiss.
I got to attend a Haitian wedding yesterday. It is tradition to go ALL out here. Everyone was dressed so nice and it was SO long. I think it was around 5 hours total.  It was fun and different. An experience I will never forget. 

The gorgeous bride and Me

Me, Sarah & Yves :D

My class!?!?!

Adner, Me and Izwaman 
The first 200 feet of the security wall. It is going up fast!


1st pedicure ever. Haiti style! Stories to last a life time.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! Thoughts and prayers are with you, Happy Independence Day ;)
    Love
    madison

    ReplyDelete