Friday, June 28, 2013

So yesterday was my first full day "on my own". My team dropped me off Wednesday afternoon and they headed back to Cross to Light and flew home yesterday. I have already learned a lot. I have been forced to learn about this culture and this language. At the home I am staying at there is Me, Sarah, Yves, and Alex. Sarah is fluent in both Creole and English. Yves and Alex both speak creole. I had my first Creole class yesterday and I am now learning the alphabet. I got my 1st creole bible to learn to read. So I am going to try to learn as quick as possible.

The kids home that I am working with is about a 5 minuet  drive from here. There are 14 kids there. They all speak creole, so I need to learn the language soon to be able to communicate with them. They are all darling and have already started teaching me.


My life since I left home has been so busy (not to mention we finished moving the days before I left). Since I left home I have done a ton and saw many things. I wish I could tell you every story and experience. We got to work with a lot of people and do a lot of ministry work. We went to orphanages, a hospital, tent cities, a few churches, and just random work around the compound we were staying at. I got to see Emmanuel, my god son. It was so special. He just turned 1! He is such a cutie :)
I am helping cook breakfast, So I gotta go but I will post more later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment