Friday, June 28, 2013

Learning


Home for 40 days :)

 



 
Sarah and Yves
 
Sarah sings a lot (which I LOVE)
Yves is a crazy driver and is super funny (;

 
Alex 
He is 19 and has lived here since January.
 

So I wanted to post some photos of the people I am staying with, the home and what I have been doing. Today I had a blessed opportunity to learn how to cook some Haitian food. Diri a poul fri avek sauce. In my eyes it was rice, chicken and some sauce. {it was SO good} Mom and dad they are teaching me how to cook Haitian so that I can cook for you when I get home. ;)
 
I also started to get my hair braided like a Haitian. Many little braids...Photos to come soon!
 
Everything here is different. The people, the food, the climate & everything. I also have my own room, which is super strange. I miss my family a TON! Since it is only day 2 it still feels awkward but exciting. I am working on memorizing all the kids names. Also the basic phrases to communicate better with.
 
Thanks everyone for your support and prayers Love you all. Keep your eyes open for more photos soon! God bless and have a wonderful weekend:)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment